Thursday, May 8, 2008

kwerner color challenge #8




Well, it's her 8th color challenge but I think it's only the second time I've tried it. You can see the inspiration picture by going to her blog at kwernerdesign.com/blog. This is a birthday card for my nephew. I decided to use orange as the base of the card because how often am I going to get to use orange? I didn't have any patterned paper with these colors but I had that little ribbon that went perfectly. I had fun coloring the little cake on the stamped image.

I used to love to color as a kid. I used to sit and color for hours. I have vivid memories of being on a houseboat one summer vacation -- I can't remember how old I was, probably single digits -- and coloring in my malibu barbie coloring book. I loved the big box of crayons with the sharpener in the back. I used to color textures on the clothes and then rub them with my finger to blend them.

I'm off to work on mother's day cards. I don't think my mom is ready for the funky orange & blue mother's day card though.
Sharon

Stamped image by Stampin Up, "Event Full", ribbon by k i

4 comments:

LeAnne said...

Wow, that ribbon is a perfect match! Great card!
LeAnne

Traveling Mama said...

Yes! Great ribbon! Love the stamped image too. super cute!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping to see my in Blog Land. Your card is beautiful...what a perfect match that ribbon is.

I'd like just a little of that talent you've got!

Have a blessed weekend!

Deanna said...

Really cute! Love the ribbon and stamp!