Monday, February 11, 2008

Stampin up workshop

So, I found a Stampin Up demonstrator near me through the web-site and she e-mailed me her newsletter. She was having a card workshop on Friday so I decided I would be brave and go by myself. I needed to place an order anyway and I thought it would be fun. It was fun but would have been much more fun if I had someone to go with (hint, hint Suz, Lisa, Taylor, Jen). The demonstrator was a very nice woman. I liked being able to use different stamps and tools than I have at home. I wish I had more flexibility in how I used them. Everything was pre-cut and plotted out which meant that I couldn't really do much else with it.

We made four projects -- three cards and a little valentines basket.

My thoughts on these projects:

The basket is cute but I could do without the extra paper on the peppermint patties. How much wrapping do I really want to have to take off before I get to the chocolate?! For me, I would have stuck the heart (or even the heart on a scallop circle) on the side of the basket and called it done.

I like the "time spent" card and I like the wide grosgrain ribbon but it seems like the wide grosgrain knot would be very bumpy in an envelope. I like this stamp set but it's a level 2 or 3 hostess gift which means you can't buy it, unless you want to pay a ridiculous price for it on e-bay.

"Friendship" card: Okay, I like the stem stamp for the flower and I like the idea of the little felt flowers but they're too shiny. That pink paper is hideous. Combining it with that orange doesn't really help.

I'm not even going to show the other card we did. I didn't like the stamp set or the way it turned out. It had a "bling" brad on it. Not really a bling girl.




What do you think?

Sharon

No comments: